A Little Local Flavor: LoCura


Full disclosure: the guitarist in this band is my roommate's boyfriend, but I heard of this band independently of her, and it still rocks! So you should know about them.

This is a local, bay area band, rooted in flamenco rhythms but also reggae and salsa and son. I'm a big fan of their mix of sounds, and the lead singer has an amazing voice. Their name, LoCura, signifies both "the madness" and "it cures", and I liked their play on that word. I am putting a song on here from their "Animas" album, one of those albums that you can listen to the whole way through because it is so well-rounded. I highly recommend listening to some of the more reggae style songs on the album, they are just as fun as the flamenco, but definitely different...the song I am including though is more representative of their flamenco. Enjoy.

Comments