The Kids Don't Stand a Chance :: Vampire Weekend

I'm not really sure how we've gone this long without Vampire Weekend Making an appearance. Maybe it's because their eponymous debut album has been out for a year-and-a-half, and so many a single has already been leached from it's contents, including "Mansard Roof", "Oxford Comma", "A-Punk", and "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa".

That said, the last track on the album (the only reason I can think of to explain why I have not appreciated this song sooner) is called "The Kids Don't Stand a Chance", and it has been getting some digital play of late. And dagummit if I can't resist it's charms.

This post was definitely attributable to our recent heat wave here in San Francisco. Particularly because whenever I hear the African-influences apparent in Vampire Weekend's music, I experience some mild synæsthesia in the form of feeling hot and sweaty.

Ok, so maybe I'm just a sweaty dude.

Regardless, please enjoy. And, inspired by Faust and Jay's effort a couple of months ago, please stay tuned for a (gasp!) collaborative post featuring a pair of tracks from Karen and I that has been a month in the making.

P.S. "Don't stand so close to me"? Anybody?

Comments