pete miser :: scent of a robot

Occasionally I just hit 'shuffle' on my iPod and see where it takes me. Through one such shuffle play, I recently rediscovered the song for month's post. 

Back in the late 20th century when I was an undergrad in Eugene, Oregon there was a reasonably good music scene. One of the regional bands that made the rounds through Eugene a few times a year was The Five Fingers of Funk, a 9-piece band from Portland who had a really good brass section and an amazingly talented songwriter/performer named Pete Miser



Sometime around 2000 Pete got tired of doing most all of the heavy lifting for the band, and relocated solo from Portland to NYC. He's been there ever since. This track is off his 2004 album Camouflage is Relative, and does his skills justice. 

Enjoi.

Comments

  1. I'm Mister Green Christmas
    I'm Mister Sun
    I'm Mister Heat Blister
    I'm Mister Hundred and One

    They call me Pete Miser,
    What ever I touch
    Starts to melt in my clutch
    I'm too much!

    http://home.comcast.net/~valeriecsweeney/heat-miser.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. Perhaps not coincidentally, the DJ in 5 Fingers was named 'DJ Chill'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment