Metric (FTW!) :: Help I'm Alive


The answer to your next question is: February.

For those not familiar with the cross-border dream team that is Metric, they are fronted by the irrepressible Emily Haines, who toured recently on a pair of solo EPs and graced us with her voice on the CDC Oct 08 track by Delerium, "Stopwatch Hearts". Yes she is Canadian. And yes the group formed partially in (gasp!) Montreal, but they met in Toronto, spent time in New York collaborating with CDC artists like Stars and TV on the Radio -- and -- and they are backed by bassist Joshua Winstead and drummer Joules Scott Key who are based in - wait for it - Oakland (but who are originally from Texas - a shout out for you, Diana, especially since you have already seen Metric live...)

Somewhere for everyone to be proud of then.

Apparently the new album has been a bear to write, and drove Emily into exile in Buenos Aries to get her head back together. They just posted a video of the experience on their home page, which includes a portion of "Help I'm Alive" on the piano:


As I find myself moved by their simplicity, here are the first 6 lines from the song:

I tremble.
They're gonna eat me alive.
If I stumble.
They're gonna eat me alive.

Can you hear my heart beating like a hammer?
Beating like a hammer?
In closing, if you do not like Metric, I'm not sure we can be friends.

Comments

  1. Very excited about that album! I love Metric - so maybe I can still be your friend?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment