I got nuthin'

I'm not feeling so creative right now, so it's high-time for a song-dump of seedy alums! I figure this is the purest form of praise - these were bands that I first heard right here, went out and got the album, and liked these songs as much or more than I liked the original song that turned me on to the band in the first place. So you should listen. Because they rock.

Here are my three tracks for the month.

First up: The Rapture (2006) Whoo! Alright-Yeah... Uh Huh more motherfockin' cowbell than No Sex For Ben!
Second: Grand National (2004) Cherry Tree disceaux
Third: Bishop Awesome (2007) Click Click Click Click as she's gonna be pissed that I poached her song, this can be Dianna's posting for the month. Yay, team Zeiner!

Thanks Scott, Shawn and Jay for turning me on to the original tracks.

Happy New Year

-The Gus

edit: LOL! Completely by accident, in addition to possessing the unifying trait of awesome, these songs also all prominently feature the cowbell. Maybe this has something to do with me spending 10 days in Texas over the holidays?

Comments