Jorge Drexler


Hi everybody! I am a new member, and very excited to contribute to your music collection and for you to contribute to mine. I will start off with Jorge Drexler, who is probably my favorite artist of all time. He is uruguayan (like me!) and he is best known for winning the first Oscar to go to a non-english song for best theme to a movie, the movie being "The Motorcycle Diaries." If you speak spanish, you'll hear how poetic and intricate his lyrics are. If you dont, I highly reccommend you look up the translation - it's worth it! The song I choose is "Polvo de Estrellas" ("stardust") from his album "Eco." Eco isnt his latest album, but this song is way more representative of his voice, style and writing. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Welcome, oh mysterious C in the C!
    I've added your song to the player now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Ms. Castro:) I love his voice. Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, oh yeah, i forgot that my name doesnt show up in my blogger profile. my name is martina. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment