Falling in Love can be easy - "Staying in Love" is too tricky


I can't say enough good stuff about Raphael Saadiq's new album The Way I See It. I've been listening to it for the last week, trying to pick just one song for the CDC. I finally settled on "Staying in Love," but I also love "100 Yard Dash," "Just One Kiss (feat Joss Stone)," "Oh Girl," and "Never Give You Up (feat Stevie Wonder)."

From his website:
From his early days as a member of the groundbreaking '80s group Tony! Toni! Toné! through his work as an award-winning producer of such artists as Joss Stone, The Roots, Snoop Dogg, John Legend among many others and his own solo albums, the multi-talented Raphael Saadiq has kept the faith. "Every record I've ever made has had those influences...The Temptations, Al Green, The Four Tops and so on," Raphael explains from the L.A. studio where he recorded his latest illustrious work. This album is the culmination of a life time of experiences informed by the music i grew up on."

It's some classic soul that will get your body movin'

Comments

  1. THANK YOU(1,000,000) KAREN! I'm still waiting for a Tony! Toni! Toné! reunion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment