My Fair Weather City

So... its the end of the month... and I'm just in time to hit July's CDC window. This entry is the first in a series of entries (over time) on Montreal bands and music. There are of course the big, famous, already made it Montreal bands out there, and those are great. But these are smaller, more below the surface but no less meritorious.

Without further adieu, I give you The Blue Seeds. Their lead singer, Francois Dufault, will be familiar to Scott, Karen and anybody who has visited their apartment in Belmont - but I'll let you all sort out why. (He'd also be familiar to anybody who frequented Else's Pub in Montreal in the first half of this decade... ;-)

The track I'd like to put forward is one that was an iTunes single of the week in the Canadian iTunes store a couple of months back: My Fair Weather Friend off their self titled debut album, released earlier this year. You can catch a lo-fi live recording from the Montreal Jazz Festival from this month on YouTube.

Or more hi-fi versions on iTunes, at their My Space or on the July CDC CD... which Scott is about to produce... ;-)




Comments