1/2009 post part deux - John Butler Trio : Company Sin


It's manuscript writing season for me. Even more boring than that - it's manuscript editing season, which sucks rocks. 

To avoid being bored to tears, I tend to spend a lot of time trying to find background music that I can write productively to. To that end, Company Sin is a complete f*cking failure. I thought I'd share it. 

There's a sub-thread playing itself out here. The John Butler Trio hails from Australia, which has apparently boasted a plurality of seedies for the past few weeks. In the same vane as The Beautiful Girls and Xavier Rudd, The John Butler Trio demonstrates that Australians are apparently better at jam-band rock than the country that invented the shit in the first place. 

This track is off the 2004 release Sunrise Over Sea, which isn't as new as their 2007 album Grand National, but IMO it's superior. 

Viva la procrastination!
 


Comments