R.A. the Rugged Man - Chains

I heard this recently on Pandora and it's catchy. A little rap from Strong Island, NY. I think it must be a law that at least one former Wu-Tang member make a cameo on all rap that comes from out east. Not that I mind. I kinda like old school Wu-Tang. 

R.A. the Rugged Man apparently has a storied past. At the tender age of 18, there was a 9-way bidding war to sign him to a label. I guess it didn't do positive things for his ego. I can't do better than this wiki quote: 

"Due to his violent personality and certain sexual harassment lawsuits filed against him, R.A. was blackballed from the industry for some time"

Oh Noes, a there's misogynistic rapper with a violent personality?! Not too many of them around!

I guess a tortured life makes for good art.  

Enjoi, seedies. 

Comments