Anger. Sedition.

Scott, I will not be offended if these get pushed to the final two tracks of the CD. They will probably not play nicely with the other tracks. They might even beat up the other tracks and steal their lunch money.

The first is in honor of the beloved 2008 RNC police state in Minneapolis. I have to admit that it took me a long time to warm up to System of a Down, but if listened to for their technical skill at rocking seamless songs that have 18 changes in the span of two minutes, they are on a very short list of performers. In this spirit, I submit "Deer Dance".




The second is "Freedom of Speech" from Immortal Technique, the best rap lyricist that I have ever heard. Some true gems from his songs are "you're better off begging forgiveness from Ariel Sharon", or "you're better off battling cancer under telephone cables", or "racism frozen in time like Walt Disney". You get the idea. Few rappers can pull off his level of educated, authentic sedition. 

"Freedom of Speech" is definitely a gateway drug - it's the light beer of his songs. From Revolutionary, Volume 2, "Peruvian Cocaine" and "Industrial Revolution" are also worth a listen. From Revolutionary, Volume 1, Listen to 'The Poverty of Philosophy", and from the same album, listen to "dance with the devil" at your peril. It will fuck up a perfectly good week. It's that harsh.

Enjoy, seedies. 

Comments

  1. Hurricane Gustav,

    Let me address your post in two parts...

    First - a song is not 'pushed' to the end of a CDC playlist due to it's nature or my particular taste for it - though, as you point out - these *might* be hard to flow into and out of. Especially if encased entirely by Elbow tracks.

    Second, I played these tracks for my mom, and she said they were so tame and passive her p*ssy hurt just listening to them.

    ...
    ...

    I'm pretty sure I just crossed some sort of line from which I cannot return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no response to this.

    Laughing. Hard.

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment