What it Iz - The Cool Kids


While I wouldn't consider myself an expert by any criterion, I have been listening to rap and hip hop since I was 10. That's right - the little fro'd out Okie Jew liked Rap. I thought that "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five was the coolest thing I had ever heard, so I begged my parents to buy me the LP. They relented. It think I still have it somewhere buried in my Mom's basement.

To this day I still have a soft spot for the rap of the 1980s. In this spirit, I bring you The Cool Kids. It's brand-spanking new music, with their first LP released on iTunes about a week ago. Since all genres eventually fold-back upon themselves and revisit classic themes, it's refreshing to see it actually done *well*. These guys are great.

They're playing tomorrow night at the Independent in SF if you like them.

Comments

Post a Comment