Yes, I am the trite knucklehead who posts U2 songs

On first glance, posting a U2 song seems trite. Even I had my reservations. But, this is just a great, simple song. Salman Rushdie, the famous novelist, wrote a book, "The Ground Beneath Her Feet." Sure, Bono is a pompous chump. But, he's smart. And, his voice is quiet melodious. So, he took Rushdie's words and transformed them, lyrically, into this short tune, sung acoustically in an Irish bar--in Ireland--and posted here for your listening pleasure. Finally, if you can't stomach the U2 interpretation (and I would understand that entirely, believe me), do read the lyrics, because no matter your stripes, Rushdie is a master linguist--and he was once married to Padma Lakshmi. "Go lightly down your darkened way, go lightly underground..." || Note: Click here to listen to song. YouTube disabled embedding. Probably a good sign not to post, ignored. Also, credit to Jordan Zamir for the introduction. ||

Comments