B-Movie :: Lali Puna

New Album: Maybe
Lali Puna has new album out called "Our Inventions".

It's good.

Nevertheless, I'm posting B-Movie from their last album "Faking the Books".

It's great.

And no, that's not Kim Gordon talk-singing. But, right?
Last Album: Yes

Anyway - these "kraut rockers" (one of my least favorite music labels) have a cool vibe that would have sounded ahead of their time if it was, which it wasn't (in 2004). Yet somewhat anachronistically, "Faking the Books", now six years old, seems more forward-looking for 2010 then it did when it was released. I think it's because - of all the directions that "sound" could have gone, Lali Puna bet on the right horse melding the refined synths and smooth base with understated vocals and a bit of lo-fi clang - a feel that many bands are trying to work out for themselves now, but was an off-putting experiment six years ago.

I'm not sure I'm making any sense, so I'll stop now.

Comments