World Cup Fever: Get On Your Boots

Okay, one more post for today...I forgot that I wanted to give a nod to the World Cup for this month and the craze that is taking over the soccer-watching world as of yesterday when the championship kicked off.

The little South American country where my family is from -- Uruguay -- is in the cup this time around, and played very well yesterday against France.

But what really infected me with World Cup fever was this video.



It caught me off guard while waiting in an AT&T Wireless store. It came on the superfluous widescreen television that they have in there, and it did me in. I know, cheesy as hell, but I'm a sucker for well-done montages and a good soundtrack.

Since that collaboration between U2 and the Soweto Gospel Choir is only 1:30 long, I am going to contribute this remix of the same song by Justice:


Comments